I don’t think many of saw the demise of Great British shopping institution BHS coming a few years ago, but sadly the end came and with it the end of BHS lighting – arguable the best lighting selection on the high street.
It was noticeably missed. Before it went pop I managed to get my hands on a few pendants at rock bottom prices for my hallway and staircases but we hadn’t managed to get much further with our renovation than that, and when we did my first lighting port-of-call had gone.
Fast forward to last year ago when they relaunched a pared back store online with the all important lighting range. Whoop! All was right in the lighting world again!
I have been meaning to do a blog post ever since but I am glad I waited as their lighting range has gone from strength to strength. Affordable, stylish and with plenty of (on-trend) choices, there really are few other retailers doing lighting as well.
Read on to see my favourite picks from BHS lighting.
Oh, and this is not an ad! I just really like them!
My top BHS lighting picks
First up, the show stoppers – chandeliers. I love a contemporary chandelier and the elegance and drama they give to a room. I particularly love a chandelier in a bathroom (I have one in mine) and in a living room or bedroom, but really these versatile beauties will work well in any room. And at the price, you could have one in every room 😉
- Aubrey frosted 5 light £240 (in the sales, was £300) – How elegant is this?!
- Olivia Chandelier £360 (in sale, originally £450) – I have to find somewhere in my house for this. It is so beautiful.
- Akira 18 light cluster £200 – I love this style of light and this it would look great over a dining table.
These brass and frosted glass chandeliers are so on-trend. I love the luxe and contemporary look they give whilst absolutely looking like designer pieces. I have seen similar lights to the Hol pendant for THOUSANDS!
- Hol pendant light, brass £200 – I mean seriously, how much?! Such a bargain!
- Ned Cluster light £220 – love the industrial style
- Kolding ball cluster £200 – Just imagine this cascading over a staircase well!
Perfect for adding a touch of contemporary style to a room these pendants are ideal to hand over bedside tables, as the main light in smaller rooms or as an additional side light in a larger room to create a cosy nook perfect for curling up with a book.
- Lem pendant £70 – These would look amazing in a pair hanging over bedside tables.
- Parker pendant £64 – One of these in a reading nook would create a soft and welcoming space to curl up in. It is very Tom Dixon-esque.
- Kolding ball ceiling light £60 – I would love these hanging either side of a vanity unit in the bathroom – so chic!
I love lamps for creating a soft, welcoming glow in the evenings and night time. Have two or three dotted about a room to create a lovely relaxing ambience. I have picked all brass as I can’t get enough of it at the moment.
- Westwood table lamp £90 (in the sale, originally £100) – I love these and I am seriously considering them for my guest bedroom side tables.
- Tristan floor lamp £80 (in the sale, originally £100) – this contemporary classic would look lovely in a living room painted deep shades.
- Voel Floor lamp £130 – this is one trendy little number and would be perfect near a desk or in a home office.