1.In true British fashion, I’ll start with the weather. But where to start?! In the last seven days we’ve gone from crazy thunderstorms to the hottest heatwave and now rain. Despite struggling somewhat in the high temperatures, I did love having the summer here for a few days – throwing the bifolds open, being in the garden, eating alfresco, the blue skies!
In case it comes back, I have a few go-to summer recipes you might like:
- Gazpacho Soup – this every day all day when it is hot. If you are uncertain, you need to try it to believe how good it is.
- The English Garden Mojito Cocktail – like summer in a glass – great for when you have friends over. And when you don’t!
- Courgette and Ricotta Pasta – the most refreshing pasta you’ll try. Swap the ricotta for Mascarpone for an even more delicious dish.
2. I am still a big a fan of warm neutral colours as I ever have been, and Studio McGee’s latest reveal has me all heart-eyed. It is so grown up, high end yet relaxed all at the same time.
Photography: Studio McGee
Shop the look here:
3. To celebrate my birthday last weekend Will surprised me with a trip to Limewood, a hotel I have wanted to go to for absolutely years. It was even better than I imagined. It is set in the beautiful New Forest with wild ponies roaming around, dreamy interiors and food to die for. If you are looking for a special getaway in the UK I would highly recommend it.
I accidentally twinned with the interiors wearing this dress (non maternity – I sized up).
4. I have just done a Glossier order – I reorder the same staples every time as I love them so much. If you aren’t already familiar with this brand, you will want to be.
- I use this mascara every day as it doesn’t smudge but washes off with warm water alone.
- This facial sunscreen melts in to the skin like it was never even there and doesn’t break me out, interfere with my make up or leave me sticky or greasy.
- You need this magic for your eyebrows – it is quick, easy and fills in/styles your brows in a very natural way.
- And finally, I recently bought Cloud Paint in Soft Peach and I love it. I receive compliments when I wear it which is always a good sign.
5. It is my baby shower today. Hobbycraft have generously gifted me the decorations (they have such a good selection) and I can’t wait to see my vision all come together. I’ll share more about it on the blog soon!
LATELY ON THE GREEN EYED GIRL
Did you see I already blogged this week? It’s a miracle!
Read all about our Lake Como trip and why you need to get it on your bucket list pronto.
Wishing you a gorgeous Sunday and week ahead! Claire x